Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What do you mean the black teabags aren't for drinking --sorry George (funny story part 5)

Looking back I should have figured out that I was going to be the only male that was going to be there, but in my fury to learn how to breastfeed I didn’t think about this. My poor wife at first thought that it was sweet that I wanted to be at the class. I even took off work to make sure that I would be there on time. I was so excited to finally talk to an expert that I made my wife show up an hour early so I could discuss some of the finer points of what I had learned about breast feeding. Turns out, our teacher was not as enthusiastic about breast feeding as I had hoped. She showed up only 10 minutes early. My wife had fallen asleep on the table and as I strutted up to the teacher and began to ask her questions, my wife just lifted her head up, looked at the teacher with a pitiful look on her face and could only say “I’m Sorry”. The teacher started of by showing us different positions to breast feed with a doll. This was my moment to shine! I grabbed the doll and started to show her some other positions and I heard her comment to another expecting wife “I swear that he is not like this all the time.” I ignored her and went back to taking my notes. She is just jealous that I know all of this.

When it came time for Jeopardy in the class I looked at my wife with a pompous sneer as if to say “you just sit there I’ll do all the work”. Our teacher began to pull various items from a bag and we had to say what they were for. With each item my arm shot up with confidence. I was the only one answering things. “boy these women are so unprepared to breast feed” I looked around and saw everyone staring at me “man Anna is going to really be proud”, Then like usual; I went overboard (Yup hadn’t gone over yet, Don’t you judge me” As the teacher pulled out black tea bags, I had just read this, “Those are black tea bags not only do they have a calming effect for cramps but they feel cool and soothing on sore and cracked nipples and with the antioxidants they will help in healing your chapped nipples”. I looked at my wife expecting a smile instead I was met with her head in her hands and shaking her head. This is just the beginning of what we in our house call the breast feeding follies.

No comments: